Sunday, August 1, 2010

Taking a Break

Talk about bad timing!

Toward the end of last June, after writing and posting nearly 160 entries to this blog, I decided to take a break in order to work on a different, unrelated writing project. I figured no one would notice, save my one (God bless him!) "follower," and that there was plenty to read for anyone stumbling upon the site for the first time. It was also around this time that I emailed a few of my JDM magazine scans to Leif Peng over at the Today's Inspiration blog, not because I was looking for any recognition, but because I love magazine art from the Fifties and because I felt guilty for stealing a couple of his own scans (for "Hangover" and "The Trouble with Erica"). He wrote a very nice piece on me, the artwork and the blog, which was later picked up by The Rap Sheet, something I didn't realize until a reader emailed me.

Since then I've received a lot of mail from new readers, and some of the more recent ones have been asking me if I am through with The Trap of Solid Gold. The answer is: No, I'll be back, probably in September, perhaps sooner if I can finish what I started. I own around 100 more JDM short stories, plus all of the novels, so there's plenty to write about. I appreciate your interest and look forward to getting back to it as quickly as possible.

Steve

4 comments:

  1. Glad to here you will be back. I grew up in Florida during the JDM era and I have visited this site daily since I found it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steve, do you have an email I can reach you at?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Click VIEW MY COMPLETE PROFILE in the right column, there's an email hyperlink on that page.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey I'm following and reading... so don't stay gone too long. Appreciate the work you put into one of my favorite authors.

    ReplyDelete