Friday, May 7, 2021

Housekeeping

 I want to let readers of this blog know about a couple of upcoming changes to The Trap of Solid Gold. These are the result of changes being made by Google, which runs Blogspot, the platform I use here.


For those of you who follow the blog by email using the widget installed in the right hand column, please be aware that this service is being ended by Google in July. As far as I can tell they are offering no replacement for this, although I have been made aware of third-party apps that can be used. I have no idea how many readers use this service so I can’t really see the extent of the effect. If I do decide to use another service I’ll let you know. Meanwhile, you can always use an RSS reader such as Blogger, which is what I use to follow the various blogs I subscribe to.


Then, beginning in September Google is ending their classic sites free web page service, used to display my various lists of JDM books and stories linked in the right hand column. They have offered a tool to migrate the info onto their new service and I have attempted to do this with my pages (Books by John D MacDonald, Short Stories by John D MacDonald, Fiction in Magazines and Newspapers by John D MacDonald and Science Fiction and Fantasy by John D MacDonald). I think the process worked on all but Short Stories by John D MacDonald, and I am too technically challenged to figure out what happened. The links still take you to the classic pages, and I assume they will still work to link to the new pages, but it may be a while before I figure out what happened with that one page.


No comments:

Post a Comment