Saturday, August 27, 2011

John D MacDonald Covers


Back when I first started formulating the idea for The Trap of Solid Gold my intention was to use this blog to present the cover art from John D MacDonald's paperback novels as well as the magazines where his short fiction first appeared. Very quickly the words took over, but my love of JDM pulp art has never waned and I feature as much of it as I can when writing about MacDonald's work.

I was recently made aware of a terrific blog focused on presenting the many, many covers of MacDonald's novels in their various and numerous editions. Appropriately titled John D MacDonald Covers, it was created a year ago by Chris Ogle, who obviously owns a fine and very large JDM collection. Chris peppers his postings with a few brief comments, very often humorous and always insightful. Check it out. With over 88 postings so far, it's an addictive and enjoyable way to spend an hour or two. And John D MacDonald Covers is an ongoing endeavor, so be sure to subscribe so you don't miss any future entries.

No comments:

Post a Comment